Initially, OnePlus described his smartphones as “flagship conquerors”. Although the term is now no longer so prominent, the manufacturer argues that the new OnePlus 6 also has to offer no less than the more expensive competitors. Is he right?
The premiere of OnePlus 6
If you follow reports from the mobile market, the design and technical parameters of the OnePlus 6 will not surprise you. Numerous reports turned out to be very accurate, the producer himself had already removed the information about certain issues. Ultimately, the most important seems to be the fact that the OnePlus 6 noticeably deviates from the predecessor.
Above all, because of the glass, not the metal case. There is also a display with slender frames, but with an indentation in the upper part that is not liked by some. It should be emphasized that the manufacturer has finally watertighted (although it does not specify this term, we do not know what class of waterproofness it is possible, it may end up with resistance to splashes).
The display was made in Optic AMOLED technology and is really big – 6.28 inches. It has a 19: 9 aspect ratio and a resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. As expected, no one will complain about the lack of efficiency, the manufacturer used a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor and, depending on the version, 6 GB or 8 GB RAM. Internal memory resources also look good, although one should remember that we will not find a microSD card reader here.
A lot of attention the producer also devoted to the photo capabilities of the smartphone. On the back panel there is a double 16 Mpix camera (Sony IMX 519) + 20 megapixels (Sony IMX 376K), you can count on OIS support and the ability to save photos in RAW format. We will record movies in 4K at 60 fps and Super Slow Motion (1080p at 240 fps or 720p at 480 fps).
Technical specification of OnePlus 6
- OxygenOS (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Optic AMOLED 6.28 “display, 19: 9, 1080 x 2280 pixels
- octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor, Adreno 630
- 6 GB / 8 GB RAM
- 64 GB / 128 GB / 256 GB internal memory
- Main camera 16 Mpix Sony IMX 519, f / 1.7 + 20 Mpix Sony IMX 376K, f / 1.7
- front camera 16 Mpix Sony IMX 371, f / 2.0
- Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac 2.4G / 5G, NFC, LTE
- dual SIM
- fingerprint reader, face recognition
- 3300 mAh battery, Dash Charge
- dimensions 155.7 x 75.4 x 7.75 mm
Prices for OnePlus 6
The producer has prepared three color versions (Mirror Black, Midnight Black and Silk White) and three variants that differ in memory resources and, of course, in prices. Advance sale of the smartphone will start on May 21 (the limited edition version of Silk White only in the configuration of 8 GB RAM + 128 GB will be available a bit later).
- OnePlus 6, 6 GB RAM + 64 GB – 519 euro (Mirror Black)
- OnePlus 6, 8 GB RAM + 128 GB – 569 euro (Mirror Black, Midnight Black, Silk White)
- OnePlus 6, 8 GB RAM + 256 GB – 619 euro (Midnight Black)