FileMaker 17 is here and comes with several new features and optimizations. Filemaker is basically a platform that can be used to tailor apps specifically for business needs.
FileMaker 17 is here
Maybe one or the other will know.has been a subsidiary of Apple for many years. The company announced today that Filemaker 17 is the latest version of its successful platform for custom apps. The release features starter apps and master-detail layouts to make application development even faster. It also includes a redesigned FileMaker Server Admin Console and a new FileMaker Admin API to streamline the management of your own apps.
“With the FileMaker 17 platform, users can not only do more in less time, they can do more on the go. Teams in companies of all sizes are looking for ways to increase their productivity. This launch puts FileMaker’s proven track record on providing a unified tool for rapid creation and deployment of their own apps, “said Ann Monroe, vice president of Worldwide Marketing and Customer Success, FileMaker, Inc.
Filemaker points out that the Filemaker platform is suitable for both startups and Fortune 500 companies to create their own apps quickly and easily.
Among the new features include
- Starter Apps: Choosing one of six new starter apps will get you started faster. By integrating add-on tables, apps get more functionality.
- Master Detail Layouts: Use the new enhancements to create frequently used design patterns such as master detail layouts.
- Redesigned Layout Mode: Easily create your own apps with layout tools that are even easier to find in convenient areas within the document window.
- Sensor Support: Using a new formula feature, mobile apps can capture data from iOS sensors in iPad and iPhone.
- Configure Local Notification: View a local notification on iPad or iPhone if FileMaker Go is not running or in the background.
- Drag and Drop: Drag and drop text, photos, and files between apps on the iPad on iOS 11.2 for faster work.
Administration and integration
- FileMaker Server Admin Console: redesigned from scratch, now easier to use with an optimized user interface.
- FileMaker Admin API Trial: REST API access for administration and administration of FileMaker Server. The trial runs until September 27, 2019.
- FileMaker Data API: This enhanced REST API supports FileMaker Server scripts, the ability to upload files to container fields, and a more standardized API format.