he called his newest 4K – BenQ TK800. The name is reminiscent of the TK-421 stormtrooper from Star Wars, which immediately suggests that the TK800 and films (and if the sport wants to be a producer also, including football) will be a perfect combination. We do not know yet how the TK800 falls in practice, but if it uses the same technology as in the great one (Speaking not only about DLP, but also how to obtain 4K resolution through DLP chip microcontroller, or XPR), you can count on similar experiences.
BenQ TK800 is a budget projector though it costs a lot – 5999 PLN. However, the price is decent considering the brightness of the projector (3000 ANSI lumens) and the size of the 4K image that we can get (not only 50-60 inches, but 100 and more). The optical system used (7 elements in 4 groups) is to give the best focus when the projector is between 2 and about 8 meters.
Instead of a 4K TV
From this perspective, the BenQ TK800 pierces all 4K TVs that have begun squeezing into our homes due to falling prices. BenQ TK800 also provides decent color reproduction – the manufacturer says about compatibility with 92% of space REC.709. This is not the REC.2020 that we would expect for 4K content and compatibility with HDR10, but the more expensive BenQ W1700 proves that we should be satisfied anyway.
Higher brightness than in W1700, TK800 is achieved due to a differently resolved color wheel. In this case, it is 120 Hz near RGBW. The white (W) filter increases the perceived brightness. It can also make the color characteristics of the TK800 different than W1700, but in the end the lower price has the right to have some consequences.
If the BenQ TK800 proves to be a good product regardless of its positioning, and this is the case with most BenQ projectors, then all we need to do is enjoy.
BenQ TK800 parameters:
- display technology: DLP with XPR
- resolution: 3840 x 2160 pixels with XPR, 1920 x 1080 without XPR
- brightness: 3000 ANSI lumens
- contrast: 10,000: 1
- durability of the lamp (normal mode / Smart Eco / Eco): 4000/8000/10000 hours
- projection distance: 0.97 – 11.6 m
- diagonal image: 30 – 300 inches
- projection shift: 110% (image above the projector)
- loudspeaker: 1 x 5W
- connectors: HDMI (2.0, HDCP 2.2 compliant), HDMI (1.4a, HDCP 1.5 compliant), D-Sub, USB type A (power supply), USB type B (service), audio input and output (minijack), RS232 and 12 volt trigger
- volume during operation: 33 dBA (29 dBA in Eco mode)
- power consumption: 385 W (maximum) / 330 W (average) / 245 W (Eco) /
- dimensions: 353 x 135 x 272 mm
- Weight: 4.2 kg
- technologies and functions: 4K, dedicated football mode, 3D support, HDR 10, CinemaMaster Audio + 2